All new students to Oak Ridge Schools must register at their respective schools until Wednesday, July 14, 9 a.m. to noon each day of the week. Parents who pre-registered kindergarten children in May must also complete the registration process on those dates, according to information from the city’s school system.
Registration of new students in Grades 9 to 12 will be by appointment only. For more information regarding high school enrollment, contact the registrar at (865) 425-9524. The information required to register a new student is as follows:
- Child’s birth certificate. It should be a certified copy for school records, not the hospital copy or the mother’s copy. You may substitute other officially acceptable proof of date of birth at the time of check-in.
- The child’s social security number is optional.
- Information on the health insurer is mandatory.
- Provide the Tennessee Department of Health Certificate of Vaccination available from your doctor or Department of Health, which consists of two parts. Vaccinations – A vaccination certificate form from the Tennessee Department of Health showing the complete dates, month, day and year the vaccinations were administered. Health Exam – A physical exam is required for all children entering Tennessee schools (K-12). Oak Ridge schools require an ongoing physical exam since January 1 of the year the student enters kindergarten. Students entering seventh year will also be required to provide proof of T-dap vaccination.
- Grades 1-12 Only – Provide the name, address and phone number of the school or schools where your child has attended or provide report cards or withdrawal forms.
For more information, parents or students should contact their respective school or the Oak Ridge Schools Student Services Department at (865) 425-9026.
Elementary students who return to the same schools they attended last year will not have to enroll in school. Students who have moved to another school in Oak Ridge should contact the new school.
All parents and students will be notified of the allocation of rooms by mail before Wednesday July 28, the day of the start of the school year.
High school orientation
First-year orientation and new student orientation will take place on Monday July 26. First-year students will check in from 7:45 am to 10:30 am All other new students will be required to check in from 2 pm to 3 pm.
Jefferson College – An orientation program for new fifth graders will take place at the Jefferson Little Theater on Tuesday, July 27, starting at 8:30 a.m. and ending at 10:30 a.m. Bus service will not be provided. A new student orientation for sixth, seventh and eighth graders attending Jefferson Middle School will take place on Monday, July 26, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Pupils participating in this orientation must report to the orientation service.
Robertsville College – An orientation program for new fifth graders and new sixth, seventh and eighth graders to Robertsville will be held on Monday, July 26 from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. for students whose last name begins with A to L and from 10:30 am to noon for students whose last name begins with M to Z. Orientation will take place in the auditorium. No bus service will be provided.