CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN ZOO, Colo. (KDVR) – They’ve done it again. For the sixth consecutive year, the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo has been voted one of the best zoos in North America.
CMZ has been recognized in two different categories at the USA Today 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards. The zoo was named the third best zoo in North America and the second best zoo exhibit for its Rocky Mountain Wild exhibit.
According to CMZ, this is the highest ranking the zoo has received for the Best Zoo category and ties for the highest ranking it has received for Best Zoo Exhibit.
The high-level exhibit houses animals from the zoo’s native region. According to CMZ, the Rocky Mountain Wild exhibit opened in the summer of 2008 and is home to a pack of endangered Mexican wolves, four Canada lynx, an Alaskan moose, two North American porcupines , a bald eagle, two grizzlies, three cougars. and four river otters.
“The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo aims to stand out by making every guest’s experience inspiring. With its simply stated vision, ‘Every Kid. Everytime. Goose bumps.’ at the heart of its culture, CMZoo creates environments and experiences that bring people closer to animals. Exhibits are designed to remove as many physical barriers as safely possible between guests and animals,” the zoo said in a press release.
10 Best Zoos in North America
The 2022 USA Today Readers’ Choice Top 10 Zoos are ranked below:
- Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden – Cincinnati, Ohio
- Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium – Omaha, Nebraska
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo – Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Brevard Zoo – Melbourne, Florida
- Memphis Zoo – Memphis, Tennessee
- Audubon Zoo – New Orleans, Louisiana
- Philadelphia Zoo – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Columbus Zoo and Aquarium – Columbus, Ohio
- Houston Zoo – Houston, TX
- St. Louis Zoo – St. Louis, Missouri
Suggest a fix