News from the Del Norte LOV Foundation:
SANTA FE – The Del Norte LOV Foundation (Living Our Vision), the independent nonprofit associated with Del Norte Credit Union (DNCU), announced details of its upcoming 2022 scholarship opportunities for New Mexico students, and information relating to upcoming fundraising efforts during the holiday season.
The 2022 program introduces a new $ 3,000 scholarship in addition to ten $ 1,000 scholarships for high school, high school home-based or GED recipients who plan to continue their education in college or vocational programs at an accredited institution of their choice.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a member of the Del Norte credit union before the application deadline
- Reside in one of these four counties in New Mexico: Los Alamos, Rio Arriba, Sandoval or Santa Fe
- Be a high school student, an equivalent high school student at home or a beneficiary of a GED received the same year of enrollment in higher education
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university, or vocational technical school for the entire 2022-2023 school year
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a scale of 4.0 or its equivalent ($ 1,000 scholarship) or a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5 on a scale of 4.0 or its equivalent (scholarship of $ 1,000). $ 3,000)
Selection of recipients is carried out by Scholarship America, Inc. Additional details on scholarship application requirements and deadlines can be found in the Scholarships section at delnortelovfoundation.org.
âThis year, we are excited to present a new $ 3,000 scholarship opportunity in addition to ten $ 1,000 scholarships for high-performing New Mexico students in need,” said Connie Tooker NuÃ±ez, director of the Del Norte LOV Foundation. âThe synthesis of our scholarship opportunities with our fundraising for the holiday season is a reminder of the privilege enjoyed by the Del Norte LOV Foundation in terms of matching those who can give with deserving students in need. “
During this holiday season, the Del Norte LOV Foundation actively welcomes donations to achieve its goal of improving the lives of youth and families in New Mexico through scholarships, community grants, sponsorships, financial literacy and a community engagement. Contributions can be submitted through a secure online process or by mail to Fondation Del Norte LOV, c / o Del Norte Credit Union, PO Box 1180, Los Alamos, NM 87544.
About the Del Norte LOV Foundation
The Del Norte LOV Foundation is a 501 (c) 3 registered nonprofit public charitable organization. The mission of the Del Norte LOV Foundation is to improve the lives of youth and families in New Mexico through support programs community, including donations from DNCU employees, special fundraisers, scholarships, sponsorships, grantmaking, financial literacy and community engagement. More information available on delnortelovfoundation.org.
About Del Norte Credit Union
Established in 1954, Del Norte Credit Union is a New Mexico-based nonprofit credit union with a mission to improve lives. DNCU offers a wide variety of products and services designed to help members achieve financial success. DNCU serves more than 57,000 members across New Mexico and the United States. More information available at dncu.com.